Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Day and Another Week on the Green Isle


“You’re very welcome!” an irish saying for you all, it is used instead of hello.
Hello family, friends, and all those who read my blog,
                I am doing well, this small Town of Delvin is starting to feel more and more like home every day. This last weekend we went to every one of the weekend masses, one and Saturday and two on Sunday, in total the three mass equaled around 2 hours in time. Irish masses are quick and feel more like a race then a mass. But Jesus is there in the true presence of the Eucharist no matter how fast the mass is. We had a very good first youth group with a total of 9 youth present and the pizza went over well. They are awesome people and were very welcoming to us, we are going to have a movie night for our second youth group gathering.
                On Sunday of this week after mass we had a vision and brainstorming session to help us plan the month of October and to set goals for ourselves through-out the rest of the year. After a nice 3 hour meeting and some dinner, we began our evening off with a movie. Well two movies, we began to watch the Underworld movies after the first one the girls on our team were ecstatic and wanted to watch the second one! I was so surprised by how much they liked it, it brought a lot of joy that my team had similar movie tastes. The next day was our day off and also my wonderful mother’s birthday, Happy Birthday Mom I love you!!!!! We went to Mulingar which is the town 20 minutes away and used internet in Mcdonalds and had a great time. We came home and watched another Underworld movie, and ate some chocolate chip cookies as a team. We as a team have shared all of our favorite meals this week, Tuesday was Lasagna, Wednesday was Fajitas, Thursday was Chicken Alfredo, Tonight is Stir Fry I believe, and Saturday is Chicken Caesar Salad mhmm one of my favorites! But it is very exciting all of the meals this far have been good we seem all to be decent cooks.
                This week has been a very chill week, we have continued to settle in getting adjusted too little Delvin. I have been sick since Wednesday I woke up with a cold (a fever and aches all over) and have been getting over that so it has been very nice that we haven’t been super-duper busy. Last night was our 2nd youth group event with Jurassic park playing, it went well and we grew from 9 youth to 15 youth!!!! My team liked it too, Amy, Marie, and Becca had never seen it, but we did have to sshh the kids a few times with the chatting during the movie it wouldn’t be a youth group movie night without that. Today I get to have my first supervisor call (supe call) as we call them. My supe is Mark Stewart, a great guy on staff this year, he and I got close during training and I look forward to chatting with him.
Really nothing exciting has happened this week just more team bonding and preparing for this year. Ministry is worth nothing if our team does not get along and we do not love each other, so this time is not wasted but very valuable. I love you all, and am very happy I have people curious of what I am doing, and curious to see how I am doing. I will do my best to keep writing something up each week even if it is like this week and not a lot happened. Comment on the post if you guys have any things your curious about, or just want to leave me a message! J

No comments:

Post a Comment